Thursday, June 17, 2010

"When I Survey....

...the wondrous cross" is one of my favorite hymns. I have to admit that I totally "borrowed" this idea from another photographer's blog.  When she posted the crosses she sees in her daily life it reminded me that as Christians we are to be pointing others toward the cross.  I recently shared with my Sunday School class  how the cross was once viewed as a horrific symbol of death but, now as Christians we have them in our homes, as charms on our bracelets and necklaces and, in our churches. For us it is a symbol of freedom and a reminder of the price our Savior paid for us.  So, after seeing her blog my eyes were open to the crosses around me and here are some of my findings.  This challenge also gave me a wonderful opportunity to play with my new lens!!

The three crosses here are on my back splash in my kitchen.

I recently went out of town to a conference and here is a cross in the tile work in the bathroom in our motel room.
This cross was obvious.  It's part of a birdhouse that sits on my window sill in the kitchen.
And another one in my plant as an ornament.  
This is an interesting one.  This is the fabric on a chair in the motel room.
My shower curtain.

The end table in the motel.
And, this picture was taking months ago at Easter at my church.  This cross has become a  tradition for family pictures at Easter and for those of us (like me) who were married at Easter it served as a backdrop for our wedding pictures.  And, yes those are real flowers!
I hope you enjoyed this.  Maybe I'll have a sequel to this blog someday. Hopefully you will see the crosses that around you each day.
Were the whole realm of nature mine, that were an offering far too small; love so amazing, so divine, 
demands my soul, my life, my all.
-Enjoy,
Lydia 

1 comment:

  1. I too, LOVE that hymn! Have you ever heard David Phelps sing it? Merciful heavens--I have chills!!!!1

    ReplyDelete