Sunday, November 1, 2009

Stage FRIGHT on Halloween!!!

O.K.  for all of those who know my son, "shy" is probably not a word you would describe him.  Now, he does have his moments when he is shy but, normally he is outgoing, talkative, and loves to socialize.  For weeks we have been discussing his Halloween costume.  He first decided he was going to be a Viking.  My motherly instinct warned me to wait till closer to Halloween before making any major purchases to make his costume.  Good thing I listened because by Thursday before Halloween he wanted to be a pirate.  Urrghh I thought.  Actually this was easier and I spent an entire $2.29 for an eye patch only because we couldn't find the one he already had.  On Friday night before Halloween we did a practice run with the costume.  He loved it!  We even put everything in a special place so we would be ready for trick or treating.  Finally on Saturday the hour came for us to transform into a pirate.   Everything seemed to go wrong, he didn't like the hat, and he didn't want the patch.  I couldn't figure out what was going on!!!  My husband and I decided we would take him to his Nana's home first and guess what??? STAGE FRIGHT!! He wouldn't get out of the truck!  Nana was sweet and gave him some candy anyway.  We called it a night and went to the Brickhouse to eat, where he got some more candy.  He had fun watching the other kids, and thankfully I don't have all that candy in my house! 

Here's my pirate before we left our house to go "trick or treating."  Now I understand the look on his face! 

Here's after we left the Brickhouse with his 2 peices of candy! He's a Happy Pirate!  And, I was a Happy Mama!


All is well, that ends well.  Stay tuned as promised pictures from Cancun, two family Christmas Card Sessions and one four generations family portriat session!  If you are still interested in having your family Christmas Card pictures taken, please contact me in the next two weeks!! 
-Enjoy,
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment